7 Fun Facts about Vinegar
In honor of National Vinegar Day and our recent acquisition of Fleischmann’s Vinegar, we have put together for you seven fun facts about vinegar!
1. Vinegar can be used as a substitute for fresh lemon juice.
2. White vinegar can help treat a sunburn. Simply put a tissue over the sunburned skin and lightly spray with white vinegar. It helps restore your skin to the correct acidity and gives a cooling effect.
3. The term “vinegar” comes from the French word “vin aigre,” meaning sour wine.
4. Vinegar was discovered over 10,000 years ago.
5. You can use full strength white distilled vinegar to kill grass on sidewalks and driveways.
6. Vinegar can help soothe a queasy stomach! The queasy curing cocktail is made of apple cider vinegar, water and honey.
7. The shelf life for vinegar is almost indefinite due to its acidic nature. It is self-preserving and does not need refrigeration.
To learn more about vinegar, visit versatilevinegar.org.