BlendStar Ethanol Terminal Grand Opening
On Feb. 13, 2013, BlendStar's 96-car unit train ethanol terminal in Birmingham, Ala. celebrated project completion and the beginning of operations with a grand opening and ribbon cutting.
- Todd Becker | Green Plains, President and CEO
- Steve Bleyl | Green Plains, Executive Vice President of Ethanol Marketing
- Paul Melton | BlendStar, General Manager
- Mark Bentley | Alabama Clean Fuels Coalition, Executive Director
- Mahadevan Thantry | BNSF Railway, Manager Ethanol Freight
The terminal is served by the BNSF Railway and has a throughput capacity of 300 million gallons of ethanol annually. It will provide more efficient distribution of ethanol to underserved markets in the southeastern U.S. and provide economic benefits to the Birmingham market.
BlendStar is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Green Plains.
Todd Becker and Mahadevan Thantry cut the ribbon in front of the truck rack at the terminal where trucks come in to load ethanol.