- Began producing ethanol at Fairmont, Minnesota ethanol plant in early January 2014
- Following the Company’s notice to redeem its $90.0 million of 5.75% convertible notes due 2015, nearly all holders exercised their conversion rights, resulting in the issuance of over 6.5 million common shares for the notes, which was completed in March 2014
- In May 2014, following approval by the Company’s shareholders, the Company’s name was changed from Green Plains Renewable Energy, Inc. to Green Plains Inc.
- In June 2014, Green Plains Processing LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Green Plains Inc., completed a $225 million Senior Secured Credit Facility due in 2020
- In June 2014, Green Plains acquired the assets of Supreme Cattle Feeders from Agri Beef Co., including the feedlot doing business as Supreme Cattle Feeders and the Cimarron Grain Storage facility based near Kismet, Kansas
- In November 2014, Green Plains Trade Group LLC amended its senior secured asset-based revolving credit facility from $130.0 million to $150.0 million
- In December 2014, Green Plains Cattle Company entered into a $100.0 million senior secured asset-based revolving credit facility with various lenders to provide working capital financing for the cattle feedlot operations
- For 2014, Green Plains paid to its shareholders $8.9 million in cash dividends